Our Australian Growers
We’re proud of our association with our Australian growers who provide the fruit and vegetables for our Australian made products. Without our growers we simply wouldn’t exist. Likewise, growers in the Goulburn and Murray Valley areas, as well as elsewhere in Australia, rely on SPC for their own livelihoods.
Many of our 138 growers are highly skilled third generation orchardists from a diversity of ethnic backgrounds, including Greek, Italian, Albanian and Indian – each with an incredible story to tell.
You can learn more about the SPC growers and community in the Goulburn Valley, through the short film: "Some Things Are Meant To Be Made in Australia".
- Approximately 138 Goulburn Valley fruit growers supply fruit to SPC .
- The main growing areas from which our fruit is sourced from are Shepparton, Cobram, Invergordon, Bunbartha, Ardmona, Tatura and Kyabram - and all lie within one hour of our processing facilities.
- In these areas, the majority of permanent planting is devoted to apples, pears, peaches, nectarines, plums and apricots.
- Tomatoes are mainly supplied by growers in Rochester, Victoria and the Murray Valley region, delivered to SPC through Echuca based tomato processor Kagome; with additional tomatoes sourced from the finest growers in Jerilderie, New South Wales.
- All Australian baked beans are supplied by growers in Kingaroy, Queensland and as far north as Cape York to down south near Shepparton.
Registered fruit growers can log in to fruit processors they supply, to access specific business information and tools that will assist them in managing their orchard. To log in visit the Fruitweb site and enter your username and password.